Saturday, July 24, 2010

Whole Wheat Zucchini Pecan Bread
















I know, I know, enough with the zucchini recipes, already!   All I can say is that desperate times call for desperate measures!  If you have a zucchini in your garden I'm sure that you too, feel my pain.

3 cups soft whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
3 eggs
1/2 cup extra light olive oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla
3 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped pecans


Directions:

1.) Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans.  Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C).

2.)  Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.

3.)  Beat eggs, oil, applesauce, sugars and vanilla in a large bowl.  I used a stand mixer.  Stir in zucchini and pecans until well combined.  Pour into prepared pans.

4.)  Bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.  Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes.  Remove bread from pan and completely cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment